American Film Institute
Conceived in the White House Rose Garden by President Lyndon B. Johnson in 1965, the American Film Institute was founded to preserve and advance cinematic arts. The AFI Conservatory was established several years later, with the goal of finding and educating the next generation of great storytellers. In the six disciplines of Directing, Producing, Screenwriting, Cinematography, Production Design, and Editing, the AFI Conservatory continues to produce working and impactful filmmakers, and is consistently recognized as the as one of the world’s top film schools.
some Notable Alumni:
- David Lynch. Director. BLUE VELVET, MULHOLLAND DRIVE, TWIN PEAKS.
- Darren Aronofsky. Director. BLACK SWAN, THE WRESTLER, NOAH.
- Terrence Malick. Director. TREE OF LIFE, THE THIN RED LINE, DAYS OF HEAVEN.
- Brad Falchuk. Showrunner/Creator. GLEE, AMERICAN HORROR STORY, NIP/TUCK.
- Ed Zwick. Producer. TRAFFIC, SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE, BLOOD DIAMOND.
- Robert Elswit. Cinematographer. THERE WILL BE BLOOD, BOOGIE NIGHTS, MAGNOLIA.
- Robert Richardson. Cinematographer. DJANGO UNCHAINED, HUGO, PLATOON.
- Todd Cherniawsky. Production Designer. AVATAR, ALICE IN WONDERLAND, SUCKER PUNCH.
- Affonso Goncalves. Editor. TRUE DETECTIVE, WINTER'S BONE, BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD.